My husband worked on the Royal Caribbean cruise lines for three years. There wasn’t a lot of children on the ships in 1990 and only two people that worked on the ship were dedicated to children’s activities. Wow – have times changed.
Autism on the Seas has been in collaboration with Royal Caribbean International since 2007 in developing cruise vacation services to accommodate adults and families living with children with Special Needs, including, but not limited to, Autism, Asperger Syndrome, Down Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy and all Cognitive, Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
Staffed Cruises assist adults and families in accommodating the typical cruise services, as well as providing specialized Respite and Private Activities/Sessions that allow our guests the use of the ships entertainment venues in an accommodated and assisted manner. Our professional Staff (educated, experienced, background checked and sanctioned by the cruise lines) accompanies you on your cruise to provide these amazing vacation and travel experiences onboard Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Norwegian, Disney and Carnival Cruise Lines.
Brings me back to the days of watching The Love Boat on Saturday nights. “It’s an open smile on a friendly shore…”
Welcome to Autism on the Seas. We organize and staff cruise and land resort vacations for families with special needs. We are dedicated to serving the vacation needs of families and individuals with autism, Asperger’s syndrome, and all cognitive, intellectual and developmental disabilities, as well as (but not limited to) cerebral palsy and Down’s syndrome.
Cruises with our Staff caters to ALL Special Needs Guests regardless of age:
- Children – Travelling with Family
- Teenagers – Travelling with Family
- Adults – Travelling with Family, Caregiver or Group Home
Our highly qualified AotS Staff cruises with our guests to provide and coordinate all of the Activities, Respite and Services described below.
- Respite times throughout the cruise provided by our Staff (ratio 3:1 minimum) ranging from 1 to 2 hours at a time.
- Private sessions for our groups use, together with our staff’s assistance, at most of the ship’s exciting venues.
- Reserved seating for shows, so guests do not need to arrive early.
- Private Muster Drill, expedited boarding and disembarkation.
- Reserved seating for all meals.
- Coordinated Beach Excursions with Staff
And SO MUCH MORE…
These cruises are offered on a number of lines; there are nearly 50 scheduled each year, on Royal Caribbean International, Carnival Cruise Line, Norwegian Cruise Line and Disney Cruise Line.
Cruises are held throughout the year. Check the schedule for available dates.
AUTISM ON THE SEAS
Address: 15 Oak Glen Dr, Shelton, CT 06484
Financial Assistance is available through a variety of programs:
- Cruise Line Promotions
- goCruiseME – Family Fundraising Campaigns
- Financial Assistance Programs
- Flexible Payment Plans
- Gift Certificates